Happy 4th of July from the Buxton Law Group!
First off, thank you to all the men and women who fight and have fought for our freedom here in the USA. The BLG wants you to have a great but SAFE holiday, so please take a quick look over some firework safety guidelines & tips below before shooting off your Sparklers, Black Cats, Roman Candles, etc.
- Never allow children to play with fireworks
- Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Keep a bucket of water in case of a malfunction or fire.
- Only light one firework at a time.
- Wait until each firework is finished before lighting the next.
- Sparklers should only be handled by kids older than 12.
- Make sure that people with lit sparklers stay at least 10 feet apart.
- Put all used sparklers in the water bucket.
- Never smoke around fireworks!
- Do not light fireworks on windy days.
- Wear cotton clothing to light fireworks. Synthetic fibers tend to melt onto skin, while cotton does not burn easily.
- Use a long-tipped lighter for lighting fireworks to keep hands and faces away from fuses.